Dental Bridges and Crowns
What is a Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a dental restoration that can enclose the surface portion of the tooth to restore its original shape and size. Our dental crowns are an excellent restorative solution for teeth that have suffered severe decay or damage. Our tooth crowns are customized specifically for each patient and will be designed to match your natural teeth in size, shape, and color.
Our dentists may recommend a dental crown if you have/need:
- Root Canal Therapy
- Cosmetic Enhancement
- Broken/Fractured Teeth
- Decayed Teeth
- Fractured Fillings
- Large Fillings
Dental crowns can also be used to create dental bridges. A dental bridge is a dental restoration made with dental crowns that can be used to replace a missing tooth or sequential missing teeth.
The Dental Crown Procedure
- Dental crowns are usually placed over the course of two dental appointments.
- At your first appointment, one of our dentists will take several highly accurate impressions (molds) of your teeth. These molds will be used to create your final porcelain crown and a temporary crown.
- Once your molds have been taken, your porcelain crown will be created in a dental lab. While your crown is being crafted, you will wear a temporary crown.
- At your second dental appointment, the temporary crown will be removed to make way for the new, custom crown.
- After a careful cleaning, the dentist will place your new crown to ensure that function and beauty is restored to your mouth once again.
Restore Your Tooth with a Dental Bridge from Your Wurtzel Team
Using our dental crowns, we can replace missing teeth by created a dental bridge. Dental bridges utilize a series of attached crowns to “bridge” a gap left by a missing tooth. With a dental bridge you’ll be able to enjoy full smile functionality and beauty.
To find out more about our crowns and bridges, call us at our office today.